- 1 (8-oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beed
- 1/4 cup stuffed pimento olives, chopped
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes (for taste)
- Rice and beans, or tortillas, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions, garlic, and pepper in olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add ground beef and olives and continue stirring to break up and brown the meat. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. When beef has browned, add tomato sauce gradually while stirring. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer to incorporate sauce.
- Serve with rice and beans or tortillas.
- Makes 4 servings
Cook’s Note: For a slightly healthier alternative, use ground turkey or ground soy burgers instead of beef.