The following is the recipe for the Kale Apple Salad that was prepared at this past Clarkston Farmers Market. All the ingredients can be found at Kroger, and apples from Mercier Orchards!
Kale Apple Salad Ingredients:
- 1 Bag of Kale
- 1 8.5 oz jar of Sundried Tomatoes (in Olive oil)
- 1 lime
- 1 Avocado (ripe)
- 1 container Pico de Gallo
- 2 Tbsp of Mild Salsa
- 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 1 Apple (Mercier Orchards)
- Braggs Amino Acids to taste
- 1 Capful of Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Braggs Nutritional Yeast to taste
- Place kale into a large mixing bowl. Squeeze one whole lime onto kale and then massage kale with hands. Pour oil from the sundried tomato jar into kale and massage well. . Add sundried tomatoes to kale and massage well. Dice apples and add to kale. Add minced garlic, pico de gallo and a capful of Apple Cider then massage kale.
- Place avocado, mild Salsa, minced garlic, Braggs Amino Acids and Nutritional Yeast into a blender and mix well to a salad dressing consistency. Water may be needed to smooth out mixture. Then add avocado dressing to kale and massage well.
- Kale will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Enjoy! See the VIDEOS posted on the CFM Facebook page for a step-by-step visual!